We Provide Fire Rating For This Product. Government Of India Lab Tested and Approved Product
1) Fire Retardant Solvent Base Paint is specially prepared for metal surfaces and for interior use.
2) This product is certified by National Test House of Government of India for 2 Hour Fire rating.
3) Steel Structure and frames or sheets are generally coated with this coating.
4) Since this is alkyd base coating, it is of low cost as compared with Epoxy base coatings.
5) As steel structure does not catch fire but transfers heat from one region to other, the fire ignition chances in other area increases thereby flame spread starts.
6) But after application of these coatings, heat transfer is blocked for the time specified with DFT (dry film thickness).
7) Also inert gasses released block Oxygen supply to area under fire.
8) Hence these are very useful interior coatings.
9) Prepare the surface with shot blasting. Apply UGAM F R primer for steel, single coat.
10) Apply UGAMCOAT141098 to the desired thickness depending on fire rating required.
11) Allow minimum 5 hours in between coats to allow curing.
12) Finally apply two coats of UGAM F R TOPCOAT to protect the fire retardant coating from moisture.
13) It can be tinted by universal stainer.
14) Once exposed to fire, the surface should be repainted.
15) This system also come in epoxy base type for exterior exposed surfaces of steel.
16) Specifications : â€¢ Product-ugamcoat 141098. â€¢ Type- Fire Retardant Paint. â€¢ Details Of Tests Passed.
17) UGAMCOAT 141098 passes the Test Safe`s following tests.
A Flammability testing of materials and substances, combustion.
B Product analysis with heat, toxicity and smoke yield.
C Explosibility testing of materials, including flammable gasses, dusts, and vapours.
D It also passes bench scale flammability test.
18) UGAMCOAT 141098 passes the NFPA 703 test for fire retardant Impregnated wood and fire retardant coatings for building materials.
19) UGAMCOAT 141098 passes following tests as per ASTM.- very much within the range of NFPA approval.
> Flame spread test as per ASTM E-162: 01
> Smoke generation test as per ASTM E-662: 06.
> Surface burning test as per ASTM E-84.
> Cabinet method fire retardant test as per ASTM D-1360.
The technical specification is correct to the best of our knowledge and under test conditions and we do not accept any liability towards misuse and contents of it. Product must be tested for specific use prior to use.